Blue Skies Equine Veterinary Services is proud to care for horses in a wide variety of equestrian disciplines.
- We offer pre-purchase examinations for clients looking for their next equine partner. Our pre-purchase exam includes a detailed physical exam and a soundness exam including flexion tests. More advanced testing such as x-rays, ultrasound, or drug screening is available by request.
- For horses currently competing, staying current on your horse’s vaccines and dental work is important for maintaining optimal health.
- To help horses maintain peak performance levels we also offer consultation on joint supplements and medication protocols, acupuncture, and joint injections.
- For horses not performing at their full potential, a lameness exam is often combined with one or several forms of imaging to identify potential causes of lameness and formulate a treatment and rehabilitation plan.
- We also offer microchipping for horses competing in USEF recognized shows.
- We are equipped with extracorporeal shock wave therapy, which is a non-invasive treatment used to stimulate healing in horses with soft-tissue and bone injuries. Shockwave therapy is useful in treating a wide variety of acute and chronic conditions in athletic horses.