While some surgeries require a clean operating room and a long time under anesthesia, there are many minor surgeries that can be safely done in the field.
- Castrating colts and stallions is commonly performed in the field under short acting anesthesia.
- Umbilical hernia repair on colts and fillies.
- For horses with skin tumors we can do mass removal, cryosurgery, and implant beads containing chemotherapy.
- Suturing lacerations and removal of excessive granulation tissue (proud flesh).
- Eye enucleations (removal of the eye)
- Check ligament desmotomy to correct severely clubed feet